Monday, September 19, 2011

Flower Power

It is Saturday, September 10, 2011 at 830 in the morning. I am helping Lauren get ready for her first soccer game and trying to keep my composer. You see 6 1/2 yrs ago they told Kevin and I that our little girl might never walk without leg braces and never be able to play sports and be active. Now I stand here today as I watch the excitement in her as she puts on her uniform! The tears are flowing. Kevin is so happy to be able to be one of the assistant coaches for her team and she loves it too! It's going to be a good day!

When we got to the game it was serious business.....for most! Kevin put up the team banner, the girls strategized and Logan, well he played, snacked and had a good time!

Then the game started. The girls played their hearts out. For most it was their first time. Lauren did very well keeping up with the ball, but still not too aggressive in fighting for it....she'll learn fast!

Then they put her in to be goalie...yikes! She looked so cute in her pink shirt in that big net! It looked as if she was praying for no one to come to the net. She tried her best not to let anyone score, but a few did get by her.

 When the game ended we had lost 5-3...not bad for our first time. They then enjoyed going through the tunnel made by all the parents. It was very cute.

Overall a memorable first game. We are looking forward to a fun season. When I asked Lauren if she had learned anything new playing her first game and she said, "I need to run faster and that I am better at not being goalie!". I told you she would learn fast!
GO FLOWER POWER!
<><><>
<><><>

No comments:

Post a Comment